|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code History Screenshots|
Install last stable version here (version 0.2.1).
It this recommended read notes bellow before installation especially if you are new user of ExPASyBar.
In the table bellow are all official versions of ExPASyBar. The stable versions are marked by orange color, the unstable versions are marked by grey color (these maybe old version with some bugs found or new version not completely tested - these are for ADVANCED users only). In the Comments field are only the most important notices. For more description look at ExPASyBar history.
|0.1||0.1||0.1||first official release|
|0.1-fixperm||0.1-fixperm||0.1-fixperm||same as 0.1 but fixed problem with jar file permission on linux|
|0.2-rc1||0.2-rc1||0.2-rc1||release candidate 0.2, only for testing; added possibility choosing ExPASy server; IMPORTANT: do not compatible with mozilla 0.9.9.x|
|0.2-rc2||0.2-rc2||0.2-rc2||second release candidate 0.2, comletely reorganized menu|
|0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2 version with many improvements suggested by ExPASy team|
|0.2.1||0.2.1||0.2.1||Fixed problem with Mozilla 1.6, this version is compatible with Mozilla 1.0.1 - 1.6|
- For ExPASyBar installation you must have enabled "Edit/Preferences - Advanced/Software Installation/Enable soft. installation" and write privilege to Mozilla chrome folder. This obviously means on linux you must be root and on windows it depends maybe administrator rights could be required.
- After installation you must restart Mozilla.
- There is impossible to simply uninstall this package! Sorry. This is possible only by manual editing of mozilla rdf files (for advanced users ONLY - this may corrupt mozilla!). If you want to throw off ExPASyBar, so good way is made it together with Mozilla upgrading. :-)
- If you only want to download ExPASyBar, it may be neccessary to use "Shift+Click" on download link or use "Save Link Target As..." in Mozilla popup menu.
- If you want to upgrade ExPASyBar to the new version, you can make the same steps as are for new installation (the newer version will replace the older).
- ExPASyBar 0.2 version is not compatible with Mozilla 0.9.x and older
- All versions are working with Mozilla from 1.0.1 to 1.5. If you are using Mozilla 1.6 you should install ExPASyBar 0.2.1 (previous versions are incompatible with Mozilla 1.6!).
- ExPASyBar was tested under Windows and Linux (but should working on every OS with Mozilla e.g Mac OS X).
- ExPASyBar is not compatible with Netscape browser - it is strongly recommended do not try installing it under Netscape.
- ExPASyBar is not working with Mozilla FireBird (but I am planning to solve this).